Business intelligence, or BI, is a generic term that refers to a variety of software applications used to analyze an organization’s raw data. BI as a discipline is made up of several related activities, including data mining, online analytical processing, querying and reporting.
Market needs of area that arise today within the public Sector and in particular European Institutions is that they use BI in order to help top and middle management to take strategic decisions due to BI enabling the presentation of figures, to follow better different areas of work.
Organizations had valuable information locked away in their databases, and you had to have technical knowledge to get it out. Clearly, the technology has changed a lot over the years, but the business requirements remain remarkably similar: cutting costs, finding new opportunities, beating the competition, getting closer to customers… The biggest change is perhaps that BI is now clearly mainstream—only a tiny fraction of organizations don’t have some sort of BI in place, even if it’s only using spreadsheets. Future trends of BI that INTRASOFT International is focusing on include in-memory, mobile, predictive, social, collaborative decision-making, data discovery, real time.
INTRASOFT International's experience lies in the:
- Design and implementation of data warehouses
- Design + Development Business Objects universes with webi reports XI
- Development SDK to implement webi reports directly in a web application
- Administration-Oracle: Generation and evolution of Oracle tables
- Development of stored procedures in PL / SQL
- Tools used include BUSINESS OBJECTS, WEBI, ORACLE 10G, DREAMWEAVER. We strategically collaborate with SAP and Oracle in order to meet customer expecations and deliver high quality Business Intelligence Services.